Duties: Provide companion support to individuals with intellectual and other disabilities in a community home setting. Reports to the Program Manager. Complies with ‘Chapter 6400 Regulations, The Department of Human Services standards, and Allegheny Community Home Care policies and procedures. Ensures the health, safety, and welfare of the individuals supported.
- Supports the achievement of individual’s personal outcomes
- Implements individual’s Community Life Plans.
- Accompanies individuals on recreational and shopping trips with house staff.
- Engages individuals living within the house with leisure activities such as arts, crafts and games
- Provide general assistance to the individuals in the home with implementing their activities of daily living
- Ensure completion of monthly documentation as it relates to their job responsibilities. In the event these documents are not completed, Program Manager must be immediately notified.
- Communicates and resolves individual concerns with the Allegheny Community Home Care Program Manager and attends general staff meetings
- Complies with instructions given by the Program Manager in the event of a crisis situation
- Receives 24 training hours annually, relevant to Human Services
- Coordinating and supervising all services rendered to clients under his or her supervision with Individual Care Specialists
- Supervising assigned Nursing personnel and Resident Care Associates in the delivery of nursing services and assistance with the provision of activities of daily living
- Participating in company objectives, standards of care, policies and procedures concerning nursing services and the provision of assistance with activities of daily living
- Complete Medication Administration training
- Assign and complete chores according to chore list and house needs
- Ensure new and existing employees receive necessary training/ re-training as per Program Manager’s request
- Orient new employees to each home and its nuances
- Ensure all house specific employee concerns and or complaints are reported immediately to the Program Manager
- Ensure house refrigerator and meals menu correspond, make adjustments accordingly
- Assist PM with monthly activity planning
- Ensure monthly review of Individual’s ISP’s
QUALIFICATIONS: All applicants must have a HS Diploma, or Associate’s or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and be at least 18 years of age. Prior experience is not necessary. Most positions require ability to travel; a valid PA driver’s license is required.
Allegheny Community Home Care is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.