Duties: Provide companion support to individuals with intellectual and other disabilities in a community home setting.
Complies with ‘Chapter 6400 Regulations, The Department of Human Services standards, and Allegheny Community Home Care policies and procedures. Ensures the health, safety, and welfare of the individuals supported. Reports to the Program Manager
- Supports the achievement of individual’s personal outcomes
- Implements individual’s Community Life Plans.
- Accompanies individuals on recreational and shopping trips with house staff.
- Engages individuals living within the house with leisure activities such as arts, crafts and games
- Provide general assistance to the individuals in the home with implementing their activities of daily living
- Completes daily and monthly documentation as it relates to their job responsibilities.
- Communicates and resolves individual concerns with the Allegheny Community Home Care Program Manager and attends general staff meetings
- Complies with instructions given by the House Supervisor in the event of a crisis situation
- Receives 24 training hours annually, relevant to Human Services
- Assumes other responsibilities as required
- Coordinate with PM the transportation of individuals to and from doctor and other appointments, using the agency vehicle, under defined conditions
- Complete Medication Administration training
- Assign and complete chores according to chore list and house needs
- Represents ACHC and model appropriate language, dress and professional behavior.
QUALIFICATIONS: All applicants must have a HS Diploma, or Associate’s or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and be at least 18 years of age. Prior experience is not necessary. Most positions require ability to travel; a valid PA driver’s license is required.
Allegheny Community Home Care is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.