Allegheny Community Home Care is committed to providing compassionate, person-centered care services and supports to the aging population and individuals with intellectual disabilities, and their families. Our goal at ACHC is to promote independence, community involvement and to enhance quality of life for everyone that we serve.
Allegheny Community Home Care will:
- Provide individually-designed services and supports which will maximize:
- Independent decision-making capabilities;
- integration into community life; and,
- daily living, educational, and work-related skills.
- Advocate for the rights and entitlements of persons with developmental disabilities. We demonstrate our commitment to these rights by always treating those who use our services, and their families, with dignity and respect.
- Engage in community outreach and public education to further awareness of the Agency’s services and the contributions made by persons with developmental disabilities.
- Establish relationships with community and governmental organizations involved with services and funding for people with developmental disabilities.
- Attract, train and retain staff who are committed to providing services of consistently high quality, who are compensated fairly for their work and who are treated with respect.
- Operate the agency in a manner which demonstrates adherence to high ethical standards and assures financial stability and thereby protect the ongoing ability to carry out the agency’s mission.
Choice & Contribution
We encourage our individuals to make their own decisions, and maintain a productive life in the community
Safety & Stability
We create a safe environment planned around our individual’s abilities
Dignity & Respect
We treat all individuals with dignity and respect
Freedom & Fulfillment
We promote staying connected with family, while developing meaningful friendships in the community
Individuality & Inclusion
We embrace uniqueness for all individuals and advocate for full acceptance